How can we change corporate and manufacturing culture to push profits, while having happier, healthier workers and workspaces?
Engagement, motivation, support and strategy are the keys to a successful corporate wellness program.
If employees, employers and trained staff are not involved in the solution, it’s difficult to succeed.
Preventable wellness is a complete lifestyle and behavior change, and change takes time and commitment.
Five strategies to implement your corporate wellness program:
1. Combat rising health care costs.
2. Many Chronic diseases are preventable. CDC says 75% of chronic disease is lifestyle related.
If employees had support in nutrition, exercise, education and chiropractic care onsite, that company would improve its workforce’s health and wellness.
3. Awareness is vital for success of program. People are seeking out ways to become aware of their own health and their ability to stay healthy.
4. Creativity is essential. Wellness is an opportunity for people to feel better and function better than they have in years, how can you not be excited!
5. Corporate wellness is a long-term play. There needs to be numerous pillars or avenues to address where employees are at with their awareness and wellness.
Behavior changes take time as do lifestyle changes, but when they do take hold and a new awareness is realized, the changes are inspiring.
In closing, this is to be a Culture change in the workspace. Good health is contagious and it can bring about massive change.
Change has to come from program directors, doctors, coaches, leadership and employees to change a mediocre environment to a healthy and happy one.