From the Doctor
Fall is here. Yeah for the squash, pumpkins, potatoes, and more that are now the foods in season. With the fall comes colder weather. This change in weather has a big impact on us. This is a vital time to stay healthy. Eating warm meals with lots of veggies, seeds, nuts, and even grains like rice, oatmeal, and quinoa.
We took a bit longer to get our October blog out because we attended The Chiropractic Society of Wisconsin Conference earlier this month, and we wanted to be able to harvest some of our takeaways to share with you.
A big one was that chiropractors need to stop telling BS stories. What?! I was taken back by this woman implying such a thing. And then I leaned in and listened. People are associating chiropractic care with low back pain, or back pain in general, because of the story chiropractors were sharing over and over.
Chiropractic does so much more to help the body heal! It is very rare for people to actually have a pinched nerve. As a profession we were telling the story that your brain fails to communicate with the body when a nerve is pinched; therefore, people are not going to see a chiropractor.
What Dr. Heidi Haavik was sharing comes from her PhD background in neurophysiology. Dr. Heidi is a researcher, and she’s been uncovering the science pointing towards the brain benefits of adjustments. Subluxations become barriers for the brain to properly communicate with the body; therefore, we can better function after adjustments.
Only 8% of Wisconsin is seeing a chiropractor, and the majority of them are under adjusted. This is why our care plans often start with 3 days per week of chiropractic care. For the body’s innate intelligence to heal the body, the brain has to be communicating properly with the rest of the body. More frequent adjustments speed the process up for individuals doing the work to heal. That’s right–there’s more to healing than simply adjustments, which is why we suggest nutrition response testing along with chiropractic care.
You know the picture–the one showing the iceberg above and below water. Only 10% of the iceberg is above the water and the remaining 90% is under the water. That’s what’s happening when people only go to the chiropractor when they are in pain. They are correcting 10% of the problem and failing to address the whole to find the root cause, the 90% of the problem.
In one of Dr. Heidi’s studies regarding pelvic floor strength for females, it was observed that chiropractic babies were able to open their pelvic floor like a pregnant woman in her third trimester. How we care for our children’s hips at a young age can have a lasting effect. Get your kids adjusted. Remember October 25th is Chiropractic Kids Day.
Get to the root cause, live to your potential, and spread the good word about chiropractic care either by sharing the blog, our social media content, or referring in friends and family to get care.
Congaplex Chewable is a kid’s supplement used for short-term support of the immune system, as cold and flu season hits. This tasty cherry chewable tablet will help negate the virus or bacteria dragging down their immune system.
Tuna Omega-3 Chewable
With natural orange flavoring, this amazing supplement helps support bone and teeth health, as well as a healthy immune system. It also supports the body’s natural inflammatory response function as it relates to strenuous activity. Tuna Omega-3 Chewables provide support for cognition and emotional balance through DHA, which is important for proper eye and brain development for children.